What’s on your thirty before thirty bucket list? Let me know if you’d like to join me on any of these adventures!
Start a blog.March 31st, 2015: Click here to read my first blog post!
- Print a Bentley/Boston shutterfly book.
- Plan a two-week vacation with Myra for another sister trip.
- Edited March 14, 2016: Give back to the Bentley community by volunteering for the Bentley Mentor Marketplace. As a first-generation college student, I am thankful for the Bentley #PreparedU support and resources that have helped me launch my career and navigate a career change.
(Original: Find a cause I care about in the Chicago-area and volunteer. In Boston, I typically volunteered at Dana Farber, LUNGevity, and Pan-Mass Challenge events.)
- Re-brand myself away from a finance/accounting career and into an organizational change or corporate/marketing strategy path. February 29, 2016, in-progress: Check out A Leap of Faith.
- Learn to live a minimalist lifestyle by creating a capsule wardrobe and decluttering. In-progress — stay tuned for updates!
- Develop intermediate HTML, CSS, Ruby, and SQL skills.
- Facilitate a workshop at a Delta Sigma Pi LEAD or GCC.
- Edited March 14, 2016: Have a slice of pizza with Jen Glantz, one of my favorite bloggers. I enjoy starting my Mondays by reading a post from her blog, The Things I Learned From.
(Original: Meet Ivanka Trump, one of my #WomenWhoWork role models.)
- Travel to at least 10 new cities/countries. Currently on the top of my list: Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Iceland, Israel, India, South Africa, France, Portugal, Greece, and the United Arab Emirates. In-progress — stay tuned for updates!
Attend a multi-day music festival.August 2015, Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL.
- Go on a transatlantic cruise.
- Work overseas, either on a project or rotation.
- Cheer on Spain at the Euro Cup or World Cup.
- Go to an El Clásico match that Real Madrid wins.
- Learn a new language, most likely French.
- Visit Disney World: Adults-Only Edition.
- Maintain a healthy diet through clean eating and weekly meal preparation. January 2016, in-progress — thanks for your help, Ashley!
- Run a 10K in 60 minutes or less.
- Edited March 14, 2016: Trek the Plan de l’Aiguille to Montenvers, Chamonix, France. Realistically, I should start with a day hike.
(Original: Trek the Tour du Mont Blanc, a 170-kilometer/106-mile journey through France, Italy, and Switzerland.)
- Hike in Sedona, AZ.
- Do 10 pull-ups + 10 chin-ups consecutively.
- Learn to play tennis well.
- Take a sailing class.
Participate in a week-long fitness/wellness retreat.May 2015, PhuketFit, Phuket, Thailand.
- See Red Hot Chili Peppers, Zac Brown Band, and Taylor Swift in concert.
- Meet my cousins’ children abroad. As of March 2015, I still need to meet Nayana Daswani in Las Palmas, Wilford Hoi in Copenhagen, and Naomi Austin in Singapore!
- Learn how to parallel park on the first try.
Live by myself.June 2015-May 2016, Evanston, IL.
- Fall in love.